View through my window

January 18, 2007

Meet the guest blogger

Uh, am I on? Pardon? Hullo?

Where? Oh. Hello. Nice to meet you all.

I'm the guest blogger.

My name's Malcolm. This is me:
















I've lived with the man in a crisis for a long time. A long, long, time.

He named me Malcolm. Not the most becoming name in the world, I don't suppose. Especially as I was named by accident.

I suppose I should explain.

It was one of those conversations shouted from room to room, between the crisis man and his wife.

She: "Do you want another coffee?"

He:"Of course, when do I ever not?"

"What?"

"YES!"

"Which mug are you using?"

"The green one with ridges"

"What?"

"The GREEN one with RIDGES"

"The green what?"

"MUG WITH RIDGES"

She exited the kitchen and entered the living room at this point, and said: "Who's Muggeridges?"

He replied, while watching the telly:"Hunh? What's Malcolm Muggeridge got to do with anything?"

And so Malcolm I became, and remain.

He mentions this story to guests sometimes. They usually look at him funny.

Occasionally they ask: "So, have all your mugs got names?"

He replies: "Don't be stupid, they're just mugs."

6 Comments:

  • Hi Macolm nice to meet you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:28 am  

  • my mug is called Zabar

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 4:46 pm  

  • Hey Malcolm. Howzzit? Could be worse, mate - you could have a name like what Lippy gave me - Chips. Sooo imaginative...

    By Blogger Lippy, at 8:20 am  

  • He is still in France. I am still minding the shop. I expect he has had a look in from an internet cafe or something. Apologies for the lack of apostrophes: it is a French keyboard, which is different, and I cannot find it.

    Oh, uh, except this is Malcolm, blogging from home of course.

    Do you think I got away with that?

    I am going to have to enter this as anon, too, cos I can t find the right keys for my password;

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 pm  

  • and there was me thinking the coffee had gone extraordinarily cold

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 am  

  • hope the snow's good (we've had some here!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home