View through my window

January 03, 2007

Is that it?

Is it done and over? Christmas, I mean? And New Year, and all?

Do we just have to go back to work (in a new shirt) now?

Is that the only difference between before-Christmas and after-Christmas - a new shirt? With a red dot on the label?

Oh.

OK.


----------------------------------------------------------



In other news, I have discovered that Christmas is the time of sharp things. My Japanese carving knife, lovingly snicked and whished up and down the whetstone was as sharp as a razor. The tip of the mother in law's third finger found this out when it was lurking in the bottom the washing up. It was still bleeding on Boxing Day. The LOML's tongue was quite sharp at about that time.

But not as sharp as the little-icky-bit of turkey drumstick sinew* that somehow found its way through the entire stock-boiling-and-soup-cooking-and-liquidising process, right to its conclusion firmly impaled in the roof of my mouth. Ouchy.


*Seriously, what is that made out of? Surely they can make some sort of new super sharp but flexible material out of it, like Teflon or Kevlar or something? It's indestructible.

4 Comments:

  • Before anyone else says it, what was the mother-in-law's finger tip doing lurking in the bottom of the washing up?

    I have no idea. You'd have to ask her.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 10:28 am  

  • so, the new shirt came from the Next sale did it? bargain!

    wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness for the new year (in no particular order), Crisis

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 6:28 pm  

  • Happy New Year Crisis.

    And I have taken you off of 'resting'.

    Good to see you back.

    By Blogger J.J, at 10:03 pm  

  • Thanks for your good wishes I; returned. Post on Next sale coming up. I love Next sale.

    Good to be back, J. HNY to you too.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home