View through my window

December 20, 2006

School, Christmas, What?

Child Two came home with a note in her lunchbag yesterday, informing us that they are having a Christmas-themed lunch today and could they bring in Christmas-themed food, please. You know, chipolatas (huh?), Christmas-tree shaped sandwiches, and so on.

Of course, we have the time to make fucking Christmas-tree shaped sandwiches. We have nothing at all better to do. But, fearing the approbrium of the teachers and the vilification from her classmates, out came the biscuit cutters (I refuse to call them 'cookie cutters', even if they are), and we now have a whole load of pieces of bread with star-shaped holes in them all over the breadboard. I'm not fucking eating them. So they'll be wasted on the dog. Thanks, school.

We* went as far as wrapping last-night's last remaining sausage in greaseproof paper, like a cracker, and sticking a purple Quality Street wrapper on it. No-one will fucking out-Christmas-themed-dinner-us.

The LOML put in some cherry tomatoes, and told Child Two that they were Rudolph's red noses. And then suggested that if she didn't want all of them, she should just pick at them. I haughtily informed her that it was far too early in the morning for that sort of humour and went to drink coffee in the bathroom.


*All right, the LOML. I watched helpfully, though.

2 Comments:

  • going to the hairdresser really helps, doesn't it? I feel a lot better today

    thought you'd be pleased to know that

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 4:39 pm  

  • I am. Pleased, I mean. Well done you. Mine's looking particularly street today, don't you think?

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home