View through my window

January 11, 2007

Haiku New Year!

I just very nearly wrote a post about how nobody loves me and nobody visits any more and even fewer bother to comment and and and. I called my readers 'poppet' and said they weren't pulling their weight because I was visiting them and they weren't visiting me, and how I was upset about it.

How crass would that have been? Whew, close one. Narrow shave for all of us. The hand, feeds, that, bite, never, you: all that.

Righto. As you were.

Isn't the weather shit today? I'm worried that my precious, cherished satellite dish is going to plunge off the upstairs wall, cos the pointing on the brickwork up there isn't all it might be. I must get round to fixing that one day. What would I do if that happened? I'd have to read a book, or even talk to people. Or play a game.

*shudder*

So anyway, to the topic in hand.

I realise that I've sort of forgotten to menshun New Yr. Do you really want to hear about it now? It seems so long ago, doesn't it? Not really very interested now, I expect?

So, in order to be as entertaining as possible, very brief highlights in the form of .... haiku!

Feel free to play along! Remember, strictly 5,7,5 syllables!

Here are my first efforts, and I reserve the right to do some more later.

Champagne blind tasting
Is a good game for New Year
Fourteen is too much.

Do karaoke!
Unless you really can't sing
Like me and Nigel.

Go up to your bed
Early if you aren't worried
We will laugh at you.

Make sure the children
Don't stay up long after twelve
It will all go tits.

I will give a virtual prize for the best effort in the comments! Go on, join in!


*Update! This is the second effort, once I realised that haiku is 5,7,5 not 5,9,5. Duh. But see how cleverly I have edited all my efforts to fit the correct pattern!*

15 Comments:

  • The Love Of My Life
    Is a big girly jesse
    When it comes to drink.

    Play the PS2
    When the kids have gone to bed
    When you're drunk it's ace.

    I'll just keep playing by myself if I have to. Don't worry. I'm used to it.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 9:16 am  

  • I once participated in a real time virtual haiku competition at the Beep's

    if I could do that httttttp htttttml link thing and if I could be bothered to go back and search for the post, I'd link you in just:< >here

    but I can't and I can't

    so there

    and you never bloody comment on my comments let alone comment on my blog, so what are you moaning about? you probably hate me and you'd hate the nonsense I drivel on about, so you're just saving yourself the time and space I guess

    good for you

    I'm only writing this because I feel particulararilyhoweverit'sbl**dyspeltly miserable today - not that you do or should care - despite all my helpful advice re your depression (how's it going by the way? meds kicking in? I hope so!)(and no, since you asked, I'm not having a relapse, just feeling crap)

    I love your blog posts
    they'd make me laugh out loud loads
    if only haiku'd


    but I can't cos I'm fed up

    so there

    oh, I've said that already

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 6:05 pm  

  • Erm, I'm going to have to think of a haiku and come back

    (btw - that wasn't meant to be one, need coffee/time/brain power..)

    By Blogger Tabby Rabbit, at 5:19 pm  

  • new year is rubbish.
    save your joy for saturdays
    they rock much harder.

    ithankyew.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 6:46 pm  

  • Hurray! Some mates to play with at last! Welcome all. Although of course you are all virtual mates and therefore don't exist. But never mind!

    Oh, ITLV, what are we going to do with you? I've said that I really appreciate my commenters on so many occasions. Really I do. Thank you, once again, for bothering to seek me out and for your kind words.

    I am a new man, thanks for asking, the meds are a work of genius. I absolutely don't want this to become a mental health bore blog, though, so as far as possible I'm not mentioning it. I just keep taking the tabs and feeling normal, which is enough, believe me. I do read your blog, promise, and I will make the effort to comment on it. I find it an absorbing read.

    Tabby, thanks for coming, welcome, and I look forward to your haiku. I think you'll find that coffee really is the answer to most questions.

    Surly, I am not worthy. Good effort, girl.

    I may do another subject in haiku at some point in the future. I've amused myself with it anyway.

    Still time to enter. Tell your friends!

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 5:35 pm  

  • Forty milligrams
    Suppresses inhibition
    Of serotonin.

    I am a new man
    The elixir of my life
    Is Citalopram.

    In just a few days
    We are all going skiing
    Uh, did I mention?

    See what fun we have
    Writing about mundane things
    In haiku format.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 5:43 pm  

  • okay okay o
    I'll calm down now shall I? yoh!
    mention skiing tho. . .

    . . .once more and I might
    have to book myself a flight
    and come view the sight

    (glad you're feeling good
    so glad you're feeling better
    if only I could)

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 8:06 pm  

  • (erm, "absorbing" read? cheers mate!)

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 8:08 pm  

  • My blogger's been off for 4 days. I would have been here before honest!

    Reading, sick in bed.
    Bells stir my brain around
    New Year? cough, oh yea.....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:44 pm  

  • so have you gone yet?
    I hope you've gone to Norway!
    (not much snow in France. . .)


    word ver:
    the-di-sci-pline-of
    wri-ting-a-hai-ku-comm-ent
    re-stricts-my-non-sense

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 9:01 am  

  • Still here, still waiting
    For the early morning call
    To perfect white stuff

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 9:47 am  

  • I've just noticed I missed a trick up at the top:

    I'll just keep playing
    By myself if I have to
    I am used to it

    would have been better, wouldn't it?

    Never mind. Hey, later, if I get time, a guest blogger!

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 9:50 am  

  • Deeply sad regrets
    For making you wait for this
    Hello from Down Here

    Well, hell - that just about did my bloody head in! Do you know how many times I had to count the syl... sylla... sillybilly thingies to make them fit? A lot. That's how many. And I'm still not sure I got it right.

    I thought about not coming back again, but am deeply fascinated by whether or not your satellite dish will fall off or not. Do keep us posted, won't you?

    By Blogger Lippy, at 12:12 pm  

  • a comment of snow
    from way down below, it seems
    crisis blogs the world

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 7:39 am  

  • so you have a mug
    with green ridges along it
    malcolm, guest blogger

    welcome, malcolm to
    the view through my window blog
    enjoy your time here

    not that it's my job
    to welcome you here, I just
    had five minutes spare

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home