View through my window

January 10, 2007

Electronics

I am drowning in electronic technology today. My office looks like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. If spaghetti were a bit thicker and black or grey or off-white. Oh, hang on, it is off-white. It doesn't have little digital black writing on it though, or stickers telling you how to wire a plug. Uh, metaphor too far? Thought so. Carry on.

As well as the PC, I have a new digickal camera plugged in. And a USB hub, a joystick for Child One, a printer/scanner/copier, a broadband modem, a screen, and a cordless keyboard. A phone/fax. A desklight. A fan heater for when it gets cold cos the heating is turned off during the day. And a new digickal palmcorder with which I will be recording myself skiing* in a Graham Bell off of Ski Sunday stylee. I dread sorting it all out because I am also thinking very seriously about upgrading the old PC upon which I am writing this. I am very short of memory - and in the PC too, it's my age (Ithangyoo). Are Dell any good? I seem to be able to get a very nice shiny bit of kit with more memory than I know what to do with and a flat monitor and all sorts of nice gubbins for not many pounds, shillings and pence.

It has now occurred to me that I must be very careful to remain strictly anonymous today: new electronic kit + going on holiday = burglars' paradise. But AHA! I mock your stupidity, Mr Burglar! Because I am taking it all with me! See how clever I am! Except the PC. But I haven't got the new one yet so AHA again! Well, I'm actually just taking the cameras, but even a stupid Mr Burglar wouldn't try and work out whom I am just for a USB hub and a joystick, shurely?

Actually, I think your average burglar would be too stupid to try and work out who I am by going through all the posts and adding up all the clues. I don't think anyone could do that. I may be wrong, and this is strictly not a challenge to try. Honest. Don't go working it out and putting it in the comments while I'm away. Please. That would be horrid of you.

I'll put the alarm on, anyway. And Next Door is a big chap and he knows I'm going away. I do the same for him when he goes.

Shit.

I'm going to worry now.


*I'm going skiing, did I mention?

4 Comments:

  • A joystick for Child One to use, obviously. I wish you could control Child One with a joystick, that would make my life much easier, but alas ...

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 1:37 pm  

  • I remembered from last year? remember?

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 5:54 pm  

  • Similar probs here.

    New photo printer for Xmas, my present but really it's for himself, I didn't need one. So I finally get it working, now I need a new mains lead across the room, an extra table to put it on and then I have trouble with a v.v.v. important website. I can't load it on the desktop so I have to get the laptop and find the other modem, And then I have load the new printer into the laptop too, well I could use the other one but it involves major removals just to get at the leads.

    I've been up here 5 hours so far.........

    And I'm not on Citalopram I sent mine back. True!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:50 pm  

  • BTW WorstHalf is skiing right now. Me? I'm playing with computers!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home