View through my window

February 08, 2006

Total. And. Utter. Knob.

*adopts poor imitation accent of wossname from Friends, the one that's not Joey or Ross*

'Oh. My. God.'

*stops accent as it's a pretty piss-poor effort, to be honest.

Everybody, everybody, I am so sorry. I have been a total, total arse.

Until this evening, can you believe it, I had no idea that anyone had ever bothered to comment on my blog. All of your best witty, scathing, kind, encouraging, welcoming, sarcastic comments were sitting in the 'awaiting verification' box, and I had no idea they were there.

Surly gurl, bless her bothered to send me an email on my recently-opened crisiswhatcrisis@telco4u.net address to point out I might have the settings wrong. Duh. Did I ever. Profound thanks (and I've sent you an email saying so again).

You can imagine that I was getting a bit worried that I couldn't, in fact, write for toffee. I mean, Flash Pete always laughed but he only ever seems to have time to read it at my house, so he doesn't leave comments -unless he's Mr Anonymous. I've been writing away for my own amusement, really, hoping that people were reading but just a bit shy. So, imagine a little further if you will my surprise and delight when I found no less than 52 comments awaiting my attention. I'll maybe try and go through the archive and reply wittily to the comments when I get a chance, even if it's a bit out of date now.

Wouldn't you just know it, tomorrow I'm out all day for the first time in ages so can't spend the time I want to on my new favourite place in the whole world (with the possible exception of my bed).

And just before we get too touchy-feely-weepy, the anonymous person that put '1 reedy voices in the wilderness isn't good grammar' can:
(a) tell me how to do the html so that it adjusts itself when there's only 1 comment; or (more likely)
(b) fuck right off.

So, thank you all for persevering and my apologies to you all for being such an IT-Luddite arse.

as many as there were this morning, it's not midnight yet.

9 Comments:

  • Hoorah. I assumed I'd pissed you off. Maybe I have.

    By Blogger the Beep, at 10:44 pm  

  • the anonymous person says:

    (yeah, that's annoying, isn't it, but I left it in on purpose)

    you just have to phrase it so that the grammar doesn't depend on singular or plural. . .

    do I really have to do the hard work for you? how about: "and how many thin reedy voices were there in the wilderness today? (n)" and delete the word "comments" out of the URL thingy (can't remember the httttttppppp thing for number so have written (n), obviously this isn't actually what is in the template)

    and if you're really going for broke, change the text on the line above in the template, have something more interesting than "posted by CWC" or whatever it says

    shall I fuck off now?

    word ver: under-dog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 am  

  • the anonymous person thinks again and writes:

    OK, so now the comment box is not in the way, I can see you actually don't have the word "comments" so you don't need to delete that, so just put your words before the number thingy htttmlpwhateveritisthingy and have the number at the end as the answer to your question and then the grammar won't piss me, sorry - you! off anymore

    word ver: run-me-down-with-a-lawnmower-why-don't-you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 am  

  • beep: on the contrary. If you do, I'll let you know.

    Anon: I suppose fair enough for coming back on and answering. Though you're not being all that much help, really ;-) However, as a terrible grammar pedant myself, I may be forced to adjust this. If I can work out how. (How do you do smiley faces?)

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 8:36 am  

  • dollar sign dash at

    (that's me sticking my tongue out at you)

    OK, I'm f*ing off for good now

    word ver: adbrcadabra-ziggity-zoom-anonymous-has-f*ed-off-to-the-moon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 pm  

  • see what happens when you let people comment?

    By Blogger surly girl, at 11:08 am  

  • What Surly said.
    I'd stop those anonymous comments if it were me....
    ...I had one for a while! Didn't I, anon?

    *runs to hide from incoming*

    By Blogger the Beep, at 4:17 pm  

  • Good God. What have I let myself in for?

    *Girds loins. Gets a grip* (That sounds a bit rude. I didn't mean it to).

    Ok, everyone. I don't have any intention of blocking anonymous comments at the moment. Assuming you're just the one anonymous person, you've been really quite pleasant so far. Don't fuck off for good, tell me what you think. Bring it on, I can take it. It's your loss if you don't have the bottle to have a site to link back to.

    You know what, if we met in real life, I bet I'd quite like you.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 12:41 am  

  • (god that's irritating, but who gives a f*?)

    yeah! that anon was quite nice, so why did you tell him/her/it to f* off?

    (especialy after all that helpful advice about pumpkin seeds, almonds and light boxes and putting your ginger thru your juicer first)(and only one slightly sarcastic comment about grammar)

    there's a link now to this anon, but not to the moon (always the problem with telling people to f* off, once they've f*ed off they might never return because they can't hear the pleading) (either that or they have their fingers in their ears alternating "na-na-na-nee-na-naaaa" with "I can't hear you")

    but there is now a link, none the less

    (not that there's anything when you get there) (yet) (now that's an idea for a blog - one where the subject of the posts is generated by the comments on the previous one)

    WV: "na-na-na-nee-na-naa"

    By Blogger GP, at 11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home