View through my window

February 23, 2007

Fucking OneTel genius

I have had no email since Tuesday. I am trying to run a business. This is not good.

I rang the number. Talked to a nice person in India. The email will be down for another 24 hours maybe.
Where is my MAC code that I requested 10 days ago and should take 3 working days to provide?
I'll need to transfer you.
Please do so with all alacrity.
[Jennifer Rush singing The Power of Love right through twice...]
Another nice person in India. I'll do that for you it'll take 3 working days.
No. It should have been done already. 10 days ago.
I'll have to put you on hold while I check.
[Mariah Carey warbling some shit, I was distracted and didn't catch which song, they all sound the fucking same anyway]
Yes sir, we've generated it and sent it!
Good.
It was sent to [the LOML's email address] twice!
But, uh, wait for it ... the email's down ... and you knew that, hmmm?
Oh. Oh yes. It is.
So....?
[Brightly] Is there anything else I can help you with today?
[sigh] No. Thank you. Just send the MAC code again as soon as you can, please.
Is there any particular reason why you are transferring away from OneTel to another provider?
[has to put phone down due to fit of hysterical giggles]

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • oh what joy

    makes me want to wander off whistling "life is full of shit, when you think of it"

    Labels: always look on the bright side

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 8:49 pm  

  • You'll be delighted to know that we've now got emails again. You will no doubt not be surprised to learn that the MAC code is not among them.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 10:35 am  

  • delighted

    not surprised

    story of my life

    and obviously yours too

    hope all is well

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 8:03 am  

  • It is bad enough having to call these amusingly titled 'customer care' centres, but to then be subjected to Mariah Carey is a punshment too far.

    By Blogger J.J, at 8:46 am  

  • I take it you're still listening to Mariah Carey.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home