View through my window

September 18, 2006

Really quick is best

I've decided this. Blogwise, I mean. I can think of lots of other things in which it wouldn't be true at all, not by a long chalk. Sex, for one. Unless you like it like that. I once had very quick sex on the steps of the Albert Memorial in that there London on a Saturday afternoon. There's (a) an interesting dinner party conversation and (b) a time when quick is definitely good. I was wearing a very long coat and she was wearing a very short skirt, in case you were wondering. This was Acceptable, as it was the eighties.

I'm digressing. And turning into one of them Sex Blogs which have been all over the media recently. Perhaps.

Quick Blogging is the way forward (keep up at the back). I've decided that unless I've got something serious to say, then 10 minutes is my limit. I got a bit fed up and like lots of others I thought about giving up (I understand that 3 months is average for Bloggers to keep it up*) because I'd run out of stuff to say - even the inestimably great Greavsie thought about giving up recently.

So, stream of consciousness, no editing, no constantly going back in and fiddling with something and republishing, and I'm going to be really strict: if I haven't finished after ten minutes I'll just


*fnar

9 Comments:

  • I've decided to give myself ten seconds to write a comme

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 1:31 pm  

  • no preview eithe

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 1:32 pm  

  • no regrets about something I wrote on the spur of the moment and no going back to delete it late

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 1:33 pm  

  • r

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 1:33 pm  

  • I,ltv: good plan. 10 seconds. sensible of you. I'm timing this. i can type loads more than I thought in 10 seconds. 10 seconds is ages. Look, I can do html too. time's nearly up! Bum

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 3:51 pm  

  • 'Short' and 'Sweet'.

    To which I then had to add 'Spelling' grrr

    By Blogger David, at 12:39 pm  

  • What was Acceptable in the 80's? The very long coat?
    The very short skirt?
    Or the very quick shag?
    All of the above?

    By Blogger J.J, at 10:07 pm  

  • The time and place, obviously. Very liberal, the eighties.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 9:12 am  

  • and there was me thinking that something I might have done twenty years ago was a reflection of my youth twenty years ago (as in I was 22 and therefore did whatever the f*ck I wanted*)(whether it was acceptable or not) rather than a societal norm for the era

    (one second to spare)(damn, now two seconds over)

    *needs further explaination: isn't it the case that maybe one's activities in one's youth can be excused by one perceiving one is answerable to virtually noone and also. . .

    . . .nope, I've really run out of time now

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home