View through my window

August 09, 2006

Winging it

I've had a bit of a tragedy. I've lost my list of Potential Subjects To Blog About. It should be just there, see? Next to my (enormous non flat screen) monitor. In the pile with compliment slips and new client enquiry forms and phone message pad similar shit that I need next to my pooter and phone. I've no idea how I can have lost it; it never moves more than six inches from its resting place.

So now not only do I have a bit of crisis (what crisis?) re what's the point of blogging generally but now I have to improvise for subject matter too.

Hmm.

I've just flicked back through my comments, looking for inspiration. For which thanks, obviously. However, I do kinda get the impression that some of you may actually be a bit worried about me. For goodness' sake don't. I am fine. I am optomistic, happy, content. I am also prone to depression but that's ok too, that's just me, I can cope with it.

I've been a bit knocked back lately in that my social life has had a big hole punched through it by someone leaving. I am far from the most important person in this situation but still, it's been weird and a bit disorientating not being able to do the usual on a Friday night any more.

But that's ok too. I am 40 and therefore officially Old Enough To Cope.

And just to prove it, here's my favourite joke of the moment:

An attractive young lady walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre. So the barman gives her one.

Thangyooandgoodnight. I'm here until Sunday.

11 Comments:

  • Suggestion : Rant about shopping (malls) and (your) misadventures therein . . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 pm  

  • It's maddening to lose anything. Wait till you get older - it happens all the time. Interesting that you should mention depression. In my story 'Past Imperfect' I am nearing an unhappy period and MTL says 'Oh people don't want to read about that.' What do you think? I'm going to write it anyway but Idon't want to depress people. I did survive and surely it is all pat of most people's lives.

    By Blogger Pat, at 4:36 pm  

  • Hey don't worry bout it all, we all have times when blogging is too much of an effort or we feel we have nothing interesting to say..so err don't, or just blog about any old thing, do it for you dude...we don't expect you to be scintilating all the time you know :) Glad you're back though.

    By Blogger Jools, at 9:22 am  

  • I'm glad you haven't gone, I hate it when I go for a quick lurk and someone's vanished. If it's a blog I enjoy, like yours, that is.

    By Blogger mig bardsley, at 2:31 am  

  • Yes, you are still having a crisis!! Look, there's 50 looming in the distance...run, run for your life.

    um..hi :-) Long time no see.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 8:44 pm  

  • well, I'd miss you

    sob

    and I obviously have

    *fnar*

    (hope the here until Sunday was about you going off on your family hols with Mrs CWC and the CWC sprogs, and wasn't a reference to the amount of time other bloggers would have to pitch in and persuade you to stay)

    not can anyone can ever persuade anyone else to do something they (the anyone else) don't (should that be doesn't?)(getting very confused now between the singluar and plural now) actually want to do in the first place. . .

    . . .can they

    can they?


    oh, one more thing before I go:

    and I got such cathartic self satisfaction from reading your rant about sad tosser unhappy mummys driving 4x4s - as it is exactly how I feel about people who drive 4x4s but I'd never dare admit it in public, even tho I also feel sorry for people who find happiness in a car. . .

    . . .and this confusion stopped me from writing a comment at the time. . .

    . . .and if I had done it would have been almost as long as this, but slightly more relevant and meaningful

    possibly

    OK this is turning into something not quite suitable for your comment stream so I'll shut up now

    I hope you come back from wherever you are!

    *crosses fingers*

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 5:37 pm  

  • Do come back, you brightened up my day.

    Not that this plea will have any effect I don't suppose.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:01 am  

  • Right, just so you know, I'M HERE. It's just Blogger won't fucking let me in at the moment. Because I've forgotten whatever arcana I used for my username. And they won't tell me what it is. I hope to resolve this soon.

    And then maybe post something.

    This is going to appear under anonymous, cos I don't know my username.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 am  

  • are you having a crisis, Crisis?

    hope you work it out and get back to us all soon

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 9:06 pm  

  • *thinks*

    (was that actually CWC? had a certain familiar ring of irritation to it. . .)

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 9:07 pm  

  • *thinks a little more*

    (you could always just do a post in your comment box in the meantime. . . as a temporary solution, I mean)

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home