View through my window

December 24, 2005

Unconnected ..... um..... things

Random thoughts that didn't get included in any other blog so far.

1. I played online poker against someone whose screen-name was 'Prediter'. He was rubbish. I find this funny on several different levels.

2. Random thoughts on England fans' songs for next year's World Cup. If we meet Iran in the final stages, what price "You're Shi'ite and you know you are" or "Get your face out for the lads"?

3. I have an irrational irritation regarding Phil Mickelson (the golfer). I can find no reason at all for this, I just can't stand anything about him. I hate the fact he's left-handed (it just looks wrong), I hate his loping walk, I hate the way he leaves his mouth open, I hate his man-boobs and his haircut, I hate his accent. I even irrationally hate people who remind me of him, including the Irish rugby player Ronan O'Gara. Irrational. I feel better for getting it off my chest, though.

4. Things that I like today, in contrast: Lloyd Cole, lighting the log fire, coffee and the newspaper, 6Music, venison casserole that I made (how posh am I?), lying in reading a novel, Scrabble.

5. Things that I don't like today: constant tidying up after Child Two, housework, bloated stomach, having to go to church.

Ah well. Merry Christmas, if you must.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home