View through my window

January 01, 2008

HNY and all that

What I said above.

I am currently at death's door from man flu, which I think you'll find is worse than ordinary flu. I have been revising my will, and making preparations for my funeral, as I am sure that if anyone can die of man flu, that one will be me.

Still, progress in the crisis household. All the family now have iPods, so there is no need to talk to each other any more at all, which is a plus. Smallest child sings along with Lily Allen at high volume, including the f-word ("Dad, it's a lyric"). I must remember to have a word with her about doing that in public. Customers in Caffe Nero don't expect angelic-looking 9 year old girls to sing "But you were fucking that girl next door, what'd you do that for?".

Even if it is in tune.

Grumpy (aka Child One) is now officially the first cyborg human. He is physically linked to the playstation or DS, umbilically, so that if you cut the cord he would be dead in minutes, flopping around like a haddock on the deck of a trawler. His eyes have evolved into little LCDs and his thumbs are now completely swivellable. He can tap his fingers faster than the eye can see. His arse is flat and wide, for balance while sitting.

Still, going skiing in a few days. He'll be able to learn to snowboard and that will be the end of that, we'll never see him. He's already got the long hair and the grungy clothes. Oh, and the girlfriend.

What's that all about? She's just like a female version of him. Lovely, but mad as a sack of fish. I'm quite scared by this. She was born the day after him, which they think means they were fated to be together. Bless.

2008 will be better, the LOML and I have promised each other.

Hope it's true for you too.

3 Comments:

  • happy new year to you too. it can only get better.....

    By Blogger surly girl, at 6:24 pm  

  • I had the MF too. Quite spoiled Christmas. Mind, I made sure everyone else had a rotten time too.

    Can I ask, if ILTV ever shows up, can you tell her her old friend at EL is missing her, please.


    Word ver: Snowboarders do it on their bums.

    By Blogger the Beep, at 2:49 pm  

  • he makes me laugh, that beep

    wish I could make you smile, crisis

    you do me!

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 5:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home