View through my window

March 22, 2006

Trapped

Both kids are poorly ill and lying on the sofa watching crap cartoons and bickering and coughing. Both need regular Calpol and I need to keep setting my alarm to remember it. And drinks. I make them food but they don't eat it. I am constantly stopping in mid flow and changing DVDs, or sorting out arguments, or doling out never-mind hugs.

The LOML's had to go to work. I have work to do, but can't concentrate. I was up in the night with high-temperature children. I've taken my Berocca and had loads of strong coffee but it's not helping. I can't go out for a walk or a run because I've got to look after the kids. I can't even go into town to do my plan copying and a quick coffee and a mooch around the bookshop while I'm at it, like normal.

It's been like this for days.

I'm climbing the walls. I'm trapped.

Is this what madness feels like?




help.

3 Comments:

  • No. This is what Working At Home feels like, after a while.
    One day the kids will be better (soon I hope, I am in the same boat, but only one) and they will go back to skule, and you willbe left .... feeling much the same.
    It's not all its cracked up to be.
    IMHO

    By Blogger the Beep, at 10:45 am  

  • get someone's mum round (by "someone's" i mean someone you know, not just a random grandma (cool band name! the random grandmas!)) to sit the kids for an hour or so. go into town, do what you need to do, have a pie and a pint and start again this afternoon.

    or go and hide under the spare bed. it's all the same, really.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 10:52 am  

  • Ach, I'm all right really. Thanks for your concern. I'm just venting my spleen on here to save taking it out on the family. I've been working at home for years so you'd think I'd be used to it.

    Hiding under the spare bed sounds good though.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home