View through my window

March 16, 2006

Don't like to ask ...

I asked Surly Gurl and she gave me one - but I only dared ask her cos she'd sent me a private email. I didn't even ask The Beep and he gave me one anyway.

I gave one to Surly myself early on. I gave one to Greavsie and JonnyB too, because they all make me laugh out loud. I did it without asking, hope that's ok. I'd love them to give me one back but I think I'm still new to this and they've been doing it for ages and they are Famous And Successful Bloggers and I don't know the etiquette and I'm far too shy to just email and ask. That would just be too forward. Jesus, they get 40 comments a day sometimes. I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence-y type day.

I'm going to add to mine when I get the chance. I'll put the Beep up, defo. Only fair. And Just Jane and Universal Soldier cos they make me laugh and comment sometimes. And Jane tagged me. Not that anyone read my answers. Didn't think they would, it was too long. And Kyahgirl too, just I can't find her link at the moment cos she's moved*.

I've even got a couple of commenters who don't really have blogs of their own - well, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. DCI, and I, Like The View, your comments are very welcome and maybe in the future we can sort something out.

There are loads of others that I read too, all brilliant. I haven't got time to do the blue underlined thing to them all, but Petite Anglaise, Little Red Boat, My Boyfriend Is A Twat, Boob Pencil, After the Rat Race, Brom Man, Kitchen Witch, nf girl, Ivan The Terrible, Wyndham the Triffid and The Iceland Weather Report are all excellent. And just cos you're not on the list doesn't mean you're not a great blogger. I'd just be here all day.

So how do you do it?

You can't just ask.

That would be rude.

*Duh. Found it now. It's http://www.kyahgirl.com.

22 Comments:

  • I went through the same process as you. I sat in angst for days (well minutes) and I asked. A peal of laughter ran round blogland (well all three readers hooted at me in derision). Just do it, they said, and then eventually people will notice and reciprocate. Seems to work.
    It's your blog, your rules. We who watch must obey. Oh mighty obi wan, sir.

    Oh - Ta!

    By Blogger the Beep, at 10:26 am  

  • Hey Crisis...I've linked ya!

    By Blogger J.J, at 10:43 am  

  • 'Ray! Thanks. I'll do you when I've got the really fucking urgent work I'm supposed to be doing instead of lurking about on here done.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 10:54 am  

  • Done and dusted!

    By Blogger DC, at 11:40 am  

  • um, can i ask, in that case, if you can get my link right?! you missed out the "l" and since i am needy (and not famous!!) i will worry until it is fixed.

    ta.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 11:48 am  

  • Shit, shit, shit. Sorry Surly. How competent was that. And I made a really embarrassing unfortunate inference in the mistake, too. Really sorry. Fixed it now.

    US: thanks, mate. Have a good break, btw.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 12:51 pm  

  • Ohh linky, linky.

    Links are good but sometimes otherpeople read blogs through 'feeds' (make sure your RSS feed is 'yes' in blogger)

    So people have 'linked' in a way because whenever you post it pops up on their screen.

    By Blogger David, at 12:58 pm  

  • Why worry? Practically no one spells my link correctly, or they link to my name rather than my blog, etc.... But WTF! As long as the link works. I'm too pathetically grateful for people's charity to whinge.

    By Blogger the Beep, at 1:06 pm  

  • let you off - after all, i am fat*.

    * not really. well, not very - i've just lost a stone. w00t!

    By Blogger surly girl, at 1:49 pm  

  • Greavsie: I wish I understood this more. I'm a hopeless technology Luddite.

    Beep: I'll get it right, promise. I'll test it and everything.

    SG: it's only fashionista nazis who make us worry. I'm at least a stone over (getting on for 2, probably) but I've stopped worrying about it. I don't really look fat and that'll do me.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 2:30 pm  

  • Surly, re your lost stone. I've found it right here, among a few others I have about my person. Would you like it back? I'll fight you for it. I'll win. I'm heavier than you.

    By Blogger the Beep, at 2:48 pm  

  • i don't like anchovies either. or salad.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 4:45 pm  

  • You are one of my Bloglines subscriptions. So I get told when you've posted, and go read it when I'm not busy doing baby stuff or shooting burglars. Which is kinda what Greavsie said.

    By Blogger JonnyB, at 10:51 pm  

  • aw, aren't you sweet?
    I'll link you too, because I like coming here and reading what it like to young and sweating forty (just kidding).

    :-)

    thanks for the link.
    Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 am  

  • DCI 1 and 2: what you said. I've stopped worrying about it, too.

    SG: didn't have you as an anchovy salad kind of girl. There are occasions when only a kebab will do. No salad, extra chilli sauce.

    Jonny: That's very nice of you. Ta for that. I must make an effort to get the damn thing right first time and stop constantly editing it, then, if you're reading the first effort. Arse. (But, but, but ... how do the people reading your lovely diary find me?)

    DCI 3: you can even say cunt if you want. I know I will.

    Kyahgirl: then how come I feel so old? I'm going to put you on my links as well cos you're so nice.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 9:26 am  

  • ooh, are we swearing now?

    buggery bollocks shit fuck cunt wanker boobs.

    hurray!

    By Blogger surly girl, at 10:41 am  

  • *sigh*

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 11:53 am  

  • what??? swearing is good and makes you look cool in front of your friends.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 12:08 pm  

  • I've been nicknamed 'Turet's' in the past. I am sweary mary.

    The LOML, however, would disagree with you.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 2:59 pm  

  • WTF is a kebab? You Brits keep going on about kebabs and I keep thinking, 'how can a whole nation be enamored of little bits of meat and vegetables on a skewer?'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 pm  

  • Ah, no. Basic colonial error.

    A kebab is not a shish kebab on a skewer, but a doner kebab in a pitta bread. A large pile of ribbons of greasy reconstituted lamb lips and feet stuffed into said bread, slathered in napalm sauce, topped with token lettuce and tomato and a pickled chilli.

    As soon as you try and eat it you are guaranteed grease all over your shoes.

    It's an alcohol thing.

    By Blogger crisiswhatcrisis, at 12:54 pm  

  • is it "the future" yet?

    By Blogger I, Like The View, at 10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home